NOVEC B.V. is the controller responsible for the processing of personal data as detailed in the present privacy statement. Personal data are processed in compliance with the requirements set out in the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
Personal data processed by us
NOVEC processes your personal data by dint of the fact that you use our services and/or because you have supplied us with your data at your own impetus.
Below, please find a summary of the personal data processed by us:
- First name and surname
- Address details
- Telephone number
- E-mail address
- Information which you share in connection with the preparation or performance of an agreement
- Data regarding your activities on our website
- Location data
- Internet browser and device type
Specific and/or sensitive personal data processed by us
Our website and/or service is not intended to collect data about website visitors under the age of 16. Unless they have permission from their parents or their guardian. However, we are unable to verify whether a visitor is over 16 years of age. We therefore advise parents to take an interest in and be involved in the online activities of their children, in order to prevent data being collected about children without parental permission. If you believe we have collected personal data about a minor without parental permission, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will remove any such information.
Our aims in processing personal data
NOVEC processes personal data in furtherance of its operational management. We process personal data of persons with whom we come into contact and to whom we provide services. We need these personal data in order to enable us to deliver our services in a proper and fitting manner and to inform our (future) customers. As such, we process information to serve the following purposes:
To perform the agreement:
- to deliver a particular service, in line with the customer’s needs and including the customer’s wishes to see that service adapted;
To comply with statutory obligations:
- in the context of the due compliance with laws and regulations, to deal with disputes and with a view to having checks conducted, including financial audits;
Because we have a vested interest in doing so:
- the formation of the agreement;
- to conduct market research and in furtherance of our product and service development activities, to compile management information, as well as to establish strategic orientations;
- to ensure the supply of information, including dispatching newsletters, user information, service messages or other electronic messages, for instance;
- to raise targeted quotes by e-mail or by phone, for instance;
- to enable customers to share information on a website;
- to analyse, maintain, optimise and protect the use of a website, including the associated technology, including in order to counteract abuse and fraud;
Based on consent:
- to dispatch newsletters;
- NOVEC analyses your behaviour on our website to help us improve the site and to gear our offering of products and services to suit your preferences.
How long we store personal data
In theory, NOVEC keeps your personal data on record no longer than is reasonably necessary to accomplish the purposes set out above and in order to comply with statutory and fiscal data retention obligations.
Sharing personal data with third parties
NOVEC does not sell your data to third parties and will disclose your data solely if this is necessary with a view to the performance of our agreement with you or in order to comply with statutory obligations, or with lawful requests to that effect from competent authorities. We conclude data processing agreements with companies that process your data on our behalf so as to ensure your data are given the same level of protection and are treated with the same degree of confidentiality at all times. As the controller, NOVEC remains responsible for these processing operations.
Cookies used by us
You can opt-out for cookies by setting your internet browser in such a way that it stops storing cookies. In addition, you can also remove all information previously stored through your browser settings.
Access to, rectification or erasure of data
You are within your rights to access your personal data, have them rectified or deleted. In addition, you are within your rights to withdraw your consent for data processing, to object to having your personal data processed by NOVEC and you are entitled to data portability. This means you can request us to send you, or a different organisation specified by you, the personal data we have of you in a computer file.
To request access to your personal data, or to have them rectified, erased or ported, to withdraw your consent or to object to having your personal data processed, please contact us by e-mail sent to email@example.com or by post sent to NOVEC B.V. Clarissenhof 1d, 4133 AB Vianen.
To make sure the request for access to your personal data actually comes from you, we would ask you to please include a copy of your identity document with your request. On this copy, please black out your passport photo, the MRZ (the machine-readable zone, which is the strip with numbers at the bottom of your passport), your passport number and Burgerservicenummer (BSN) or citizen service number, so as to protect your privacy. We will respond to your request as soon as possible, and no later than within four weeks.
How we protect your personal data
NOVEC takes the protection of your data seriously and makes every effort to maintain an appropriate level of protection throughout the processing of personal data. NOVEC also puts in place appropriate measures to counteract misuse, loss, unauthorised access, accidental disclosure and unlawful changes. If you are under the impression that your data are not properly protected or you have indications of misuse, please contact us by mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at +31(0)347-355 599.
NOVEC reserves the right to amend the present privacy statement from time to time. Which is why NOVEC advises visitors to check the latest version of our privacy statement on a regular basis.
If you have any questions or comments with regard to the present privacy statement or the processing of personal data by NOVEC, or in order to exercise your rights as a data subject, please contact NOVEC
– by e-mail: email@example.com
– by post: Clarissenhof 1d, 4133 AB Vianen
– by phone: +31(0)347-355 599
referencing ‘privacy/personal data’
4133 AB VIANEN
This version was drawn up in May 2018